15 Key TIPS For Starting P90X

Congrats for starting your P90X journey! 

I put together a list of 15 Tips to help you get off to a quick start, and seeing RESULTS.

When I first started I weighed 225 lbs. 3 rounds of P90X later, with drinking Shakeology I lost 60 lbs total.

If I can do it, so can YOU!


15 KEY TIPS For Starting P90X:

1)Pre 'X' Yourself. It's ALL in the Preparation. After you get P90X, watch the Introductory DVD, this way you understand what's expected of you during the 90 days. I know its tempting to jump right into the workouts, but just like anything else. Also take out the Fitness Guide & Nutrition Plan to get familiar with the DVD's. 

Knowing what you are supposed to eat and where to get started will help you get the most out of the program. You want your money's worth, right?

*Important - do the FIT test to make sure you're physically ready to handle this workout.

2)Before/After Pics. Do this Right Away! I did mine right from my iPhone. This is EXTREMELY important! Take pics of yourself from a few different angles on Day 1. 

Take a new series of pics every 15 or 30 days. I promise, you'll be happy later on that you took pictures & you'll have visual proof of your TRANSFORMATION. 

My Before & After Video- YouTube
3)Measurements.
Knowledge is POWER. Take your body measurements as well as you're before and after pictures before starting the P90X program. The introductory DVD shows you how to do this and what measurements to take.  

How To Photograph Your Transformation

Just like your before & after pics, be sure to repeat this at the end of 30, 60, and 90 days to keep tabs on your results.





4)Which Schedule?
Classic, Doubles, or Lean. Pick the plan that best fits your Goals. P90X has 3 different variations to the program including the Classic, Doubles, and Lean versions. 

If you are looking to build muscle mass go with the Classic version. If you're going for pure weight loss pick the Lean version (more cardio, lighter on the weights). The Doubles program is for people who want extra cardio either for weight loss or increased performance. The schedule for each version is in the Fitness Guide.

*Bonus - Here's a Beachbody Newsletter about Gaining Muscle Mass with P90X.

5)Nutrition Guide
Six-Packs are made in the Kitchen. If you don't feed your body right, you're cheating yourself out of getting the best possible results from all the hard work you put in. The P90X Nutrition Guide tells you what to eat and when to eat it. 

My first few times attempting P90X I tried to do it without following a eating plan. I didn't see the results & definitely didn't have the energy to get through the workouts. When your body gets what it needs, that's when you really start to see changes.
6)U-NEED-SUPPORT.Yup... I don't care who you are, if you don't have support with your new super-healthy fit lifestyle of yours, staying motivation just got almost impossible. Trust me, you're going to have people all around you saying you will never succeed and making fun of you for eating healthy.  

While going through my 1st 2 rounds of P90X, I was lucky enough to have support from my roommates who were also doing it. I was in contact with my Beachbody Coach when I needed motivation or had any questions.

I'll be your Beachbody Coach for FREE! Go ---> here.

7)Supplements

Fuel Your Body. To maximize your results with P90X, I recommend trying the P90X supplements like the P90X Recovery Formula & P90X Protein Bars. 

These workouts are going to have you more sore than you've EVER been. The recovery formula is made to help your muscles recover faster, which means less soreness.


8)Shakeology

Dieting SUCKS right??!...it doesn't have to. Shakeology is Beachbody's newest and most powerful nutritional supplements they have. Often described as the "Healthiest Meal of the Day", 100 Doctors endorse it including Dr. Marvin Slepian, Co-Inventor of the Artificial Heart

My eating habits were crap prior to trying shakeology. It took the guesswork out of "dieting", gave me more energy all day & is the main reason I was able to lose 45 lbs in 3 months & now a total of 60 lbs.

Try it out for a month & if you don't Love it, send the bag back EMPTY & get your money back. I want more info...

9)Write Down GOALS.
It's NOT REAL till it's in Writing. It's important to make long term & short term goals for your fitness journey. After you write them down, put it somewhere you will see them every day. 

An example of a short term goal would be to lose 3 pound in the next week, or to committ to eating 100% clean for the next week. One example of a long term goal would be to lose 25 lbs by the end of the 90 days.
10)Pace Yourself: The 1st few weeks are CRUCIAL! Starting off you're going to be painfully sore and it'll feel like won’t be able to walk the next day. This is EXACTLY when you need to keep your eye on the prize. After the first 2-3 weeks you'll be adjusted to most of the moves & it should be pretty smooth sailing from there! 

TIP: Allow extra stretching before and after your workout & get LOTS of sleep each day (7-8 hours is recommended)

11)Schedule "X" Time.
Write out your P90x schedule on your calender. You'll be a lot less likely to skip it. This will also keep you motivated each day as you "X" it off your calendar. 

One of the most important keys for success is to hold yourself accountable, and this is one of the easiest ways to do that.
12)Modify.
"Do your best, and forget the rest" -Tony Horton If you're having a hard time doing the normal versions of exercises don't let it get you down! Almost everyone I know who has went through p90x needed to modify at least a few of the moves. Tony Horton shows you how to modify just about every exercise, so make sure you follow his direction. He knows what he's talking about.
13)PRESS PLAY! 
When I hear the music at the start of P90X it gets me in the right frame of mind to jump right into the workout. By the time the hour is  up and the workout is complete, I'm SO glad I sucked it up because I always feel like a God after!..(you know what I mean lol..)

14)PUSH Yourself.
Decide. Commit. Succeed. To get the best results, you're going to have to push yourself outside of your comfort zone. There's no way around it. P90X is tough, especially when you're first beginning. This is exactly when you need to push through and keep on showing up day after day. 

When I was in my first week, it literally felt like I got hit by a mack truck. Instead of making excuses and skipping workouts, I kept pushing myself no matter what because I had a goal in mind. It wasn't easy, but the results were soooo worth it!
15)Believe.
POWER is in Belief. If you don't believe in yourself, who will? Well I do, but  you know what I mean. I'm a believer in positive thinking, and it's played a huge role in the success in my life. 

Even if the people in your life aren't being very supportive, you always have me in your corner cheering you on and ready to help.

BRING IT!


I hope these tips were helpful. If you have any other tips to add, please leave them in the comment box below! Thanks.

Join me on Twitter ~~~> @JaysFITlife

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Disqus for Jay's Fit Life